After the addition of the Co-Pilot transmission system, the clutch packs receive approximately 230 PSI, allowing the transmissions clutch packs to receive full line pressure (clamping force needed to apply the clutches) during high power situations. With the simple addition of our Co-Pilot transmission kit pushing the available line pressure to the clutch packs, we have designed a system that increases the torque capacity of the Allison transmission by over 200 foot pounds. This kit makes it possible to transfer 100% of the power developed by a modified engine to the rear wheels without causing the transmission to slip and the “fail safe” condition to occur.
When the ATS Billet transmission is installed in addition to the Co-Pilot, the clutch pack pressures are around 290 PSI during high power conditions which is a 170% hydraulic increase in torque capacity. This increased pressure is only in effect during high engine torque output unlike other mechanical kits that do not use electronic controls. This removes the concern of excessive pressure on vital transmission parts such as delivery rings, drums and shafts during normal operation. There were great concerns during development of this kit to ensure long transmission life along with providing great performance. If more holding force is needed beyond what this kit supplies, the Billet transmission is a better option.
Co-Pilot Features and Benefits:
- Increases clutch pack apply pressure relative to boost, throttle position, and vehicle speed sensor
- More effective than any “shift kit” – Pressure increases more than double what shift kits will do without harsh or erratic shifting!
- Creates a more efficient power transfer by controlling torque converter lockup, which results in cooler transmission running temperatures
- In-cab push button control (adjustable on-the-fly)
- User selectable “Race Mode” which forces lockup after the 1-2 shift while maintaining full line pressure
- Automatically controls an exhaust brake
Give us a call at 714-848-2170 M-F from 8-5 PST – We will answer your questions regarding the Co-Pilot transmission systems. Ask about Free Shipping!
Live locally? Feel free to stop by our location and meet us! OC DIESEL, INC. is located at 17242 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Suites A and B. In addition to carrying Co-Pilot transmission system, we have a full service shop staffed with knowledgeable technicians who are ready to squash any Diesel Repair issues.