How airflow restrictions waste power
- Intake Restrictions cause engines to work harder.
- Exhaust back pressure generates a massive engine heat-load
- To expel exhaust power is taken from the crankshaft
- The cooling fans will run more, taking power and making noise
- Increased friction from hot, degrading lubricants
- Gasoline-vehicle makers mask poor-airflow problems (eg. detonation) with overly-rich fuel
- Excess fuel is wasted, worsening mileage and emissions
- Inadequate airflow chokes engine’s potential
Larger & less restrictive than the puny stock air intake, Banks High-Ram
allows a greater flow of oxygen-rich air into the cylinders for instant torque & responsiveness + greater fuel economy.
Cooler, denser air packs real power. That’s an absolute fact. So why would you choke off all that power-packed air at the last second on its way from the intercooler to the intake manifold? That’s exactly what the stock air intake does.
The 3 inch Banks High-Ram changes all that. Designed on the computer using computational fluid dynamics, tested on the flow bench and proved on the dyno, High-Ram is much more than just another pretty air inlet. For even greater airflow with more power and improved throttle response, step-up to the 3 1/2 inch Banks High-Ram system with Boost Tube.
Above: Notice how cramped and angular the factory inlet is
compared to Banks’ larger, streamlined cast-metal High-Ram
Give us a call at 714-848-2170 M-F from 8-5 PST – We will answer your questions regarding the Banks High-Ram. Ask about Free Shipping!
Live locally? Feel free to stop by our location and meet us! OC DIESEL, INC. is located at 17242 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Suites A and B. In addition to carrying Banks High-Ram, we have a full service shop staffed with knowledgeable technicians who are ready to squash any Diesel Repair issues.