The NEW 6.7L model is Ford Built, Engineered, and Tested!! With a V-8 Engine, the NEW Powerstroke will offer significant torque and horsepower improvements and class-leading fuel economy!
But don’t you dare think Ford took their 6.4L model and just updated it a bit. NO, NO, NO! With the 6.7L model, Ford is going ALL OUT with many industry-first technologies!! Ford has always been known for best-in-class towing and payload capabilities with Ford’s over 8,500lbs, the 6.7L is no stranger to this concept!!
Benefits of the new 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel engine:
- NO MORE CAST IRON. Ford is using compacted graphite iron (CGI) engine block in their NEW Super Duty-class vehicle. CGI is a lot stronger than cast iron. Ford has successfully used CGI in engine blocks in products around the world; this will be their first time using a CGI engine block in North America. The choice of block structure is simple, it’s the optimal shape for reduced weight and maximum strength. The block structure meets the demands of higher torque and more horsepower and also enables class-leading fuel economy, which is what Ford F-Series is famous for.
- NEW DESIGNS. The inboard exhaust and the outboard intake have gone through a complete makeover! Ford has created a whole new design for the 6.7L inboard exhaust and outboard. This design is the first in the industry for modern diesels, and hopefully the new trend setter! The new design reduces overall exhaust system volume, which allows for a better throttle response. Also the redesigned exhaust system surface area minimizes heat transfer to the engine compartment and improves NVH (noise, vibration and harshness).
- TURBOCHARGER WITH DUAL SIDED COMPRESSOR WHEEL. The turbocharger features an industry-first dual-sided compressor wheel that works in a single housing. The unit is center-mounted on a pedestal low in the back of the valley for improved NVH. This NEW design allows the single unit to deliver the advantages of a twin-turbocharger system in a smaller, more efficient package, combining the benefits of a small turbocharger, faster response, and a large turbocharger, ability to compress and force more air into the engine for more power, in one unit.
- NEW HIGH PRESSURE FUEL SYSTEM. The high-pressure fuel system injects fuel at more than 29,000 psi. The system delivers up to five injection events per cylinder per cycle using 8-hole piezo injectors to spray fuel into the piston bowl. The direct-injection system is calibrated and phased for optimum power, fuel efficiency and NVH.
- ALUMINUM CYLINDER WITH 6 BOLTS: With the NEW 6.7L model, Ford chose to use Aluminum Cylinder Heads with dual water jackets. This choice will result in reduced waited as well as increased strength and optimal cooling. Also instead of 4-head bolts, the NEW 6.7L model has 6-head bolts to help improve sealing and maintain cylinder integrity even with the higher firing pressures.
- GREEN FUELING OPTIONS: The Ford Powerstroke 6.7L will be compatible up to B20 fuel. This allows you as an owner to choose greener fueling options. B20 fuel is a 20 percent biodiesel and 80 percent petroleum diesel mix.
One last thing to know about the 2011 Ford Powerstroke 6.7L is that the engine and after treatment system meets the new 2010 federal emissions requirements for nitrogen oxides.
Give us a call at 714-848-2170 M-F from 8-5 PST – We will answer your questions regarding Ford Engine Parts. Ask about Free Shipping!
Live locally? Feel free to stop by our location and meet us! OC DIESEL, INC. is located at 17242 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Suites A and B. In addition to carrying Ford Engine Parts, we have a full service shop staffed with knowledgeable technicians who are ready to squash any Diesel Repair issues.