It’s the time of year to get that RV back in shape for some winter camping trips!! Here are some general tips that will help steer you toward a stress-free season on the road:
- Clean it up and air it out: Open all roof vents and windows and then remove any pest control items you may have placed during storage.
- Check for damage: Look for deterioration of seals around doors, roof vents and windows and reseal as necessary.
- Check all lights. Make sure headlights, taillights, brake lights and turn signals are all functioning properly.
- Examine the hitch system for wear, loose bolts and cracks.
- Inspect the tires. Check for cracks, worn treads and correct tire pressure.
- Inspect the engine. Change the engine oil, spark plugs, and filters.
- Check the battery.
- Drain and flush the entire system of the nontoxic antifreeze you used before placing the RV into storage and replace with the proper coolant.
- Check for cracks in hoses and fan belts and replace if necessary.
- Flush the water system.
Feel free to stop by our location and meet us! OC DIESEL, INC. is located at 17242 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647 Suites A and B. We have a full service shop staffed with knowledgeable technicians who are ready to squash any Diesel and RV Repair issues.